The biggest competition that cinemas have right now is the fact that the number of people who are subscribing to streaming channels has been increasing. More people find it more convenient to pay a fee and access their favourite movies from the comfort of their houses. While this is true, there are still those who believe that the essence of watching a movie is to step out and watch it from a real cinema. If you are battling with which one to choose, have a look at the pros and cons of each so that you make an informed decision after weighing up both options.
Pros and Cons of Going to Cinemas
- New experience with a thrill of meeting new people.
- Supports local talent and community.
- Networking and opportunity to socialise.
- Chance to get inspiration from other filmmakers.
- Discover good but underrated films.
- Can create good memories when you attend with friends and family.
- Tickets can be expensive.
- Preparation to watch the film can be time-consuming.
- Limited options as most movies are sourced from within.
Pros and Cons of Using Subscription
- Cheaper as one subscription can last you several days.
- You have control of when to start and stop watching. You control schedule and can take a break to catch up with another form of entertainment like playing games on River Belle online casino or even doing social media.
- Convenient as you do not have to prepare to watch a show.
- Saves time.
- Wide variety to choose from.
- Better developed films and storylines.
- Lack of human interaction.
- Mass-produced movies with overdone storylines.
- Can lead to addiction and bad habits like poor sleep when one wants to watch as many movies as possible.
- Can be distracting to everyday activities.
- Depends on the internet to function so when there is an outage, there is no access.